Director of Sales - Houston, TX
Basin Commerce, Inc. has created the industry’s first and only online quoting, booking and logistics management platform for buyers of bulk freight logistics services (think sand, grains, fertilizers and scrap metal). Basin brings the century-old manual process of bidding and buying bulk freight into the 21st Century through its technology-driven booking engine, iBookFreight.® iBookFreight delivers a smarter way for shippers to secure cost-effective, end-to-end solutions for their bulk freight transportation needs. Through its online “Expedia”-like experience, iBookFreight simplifies the bidding and buying process for shippers of bulk freight by leveraging relationships with providers on its Basin Provider Network.℠ What’s more, iBookFreight provides the ability to manage the process—quote-to-delivery—with unsurpassed visibility through the industry’s only real-time online cross-carrier tracking platform, BulkTracker.℠ Hey, if you can use an app to hail a ride, you can book bulk freight logistics online and track your cargo 24/7. It’s just that easy…and about time; don’t you think?
Basin Commerce is headquartered on the shores of historic Lake Minnetonka—just outside of Minneapolis in Excelsior, Minnesota.
Who are you?
You’re someone that thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, post-startup environment. You seek to leverage your sales skills, are comfortable jumping in on the ground level and want to contribute to the success of an industry-disruptor. You embrace technology and the efficiencies it can bring to our lives—from personal, to business and industry.
Expectations & Responsibilities
• Leverage a variety of tools/methodologies to prospect, identify and qualify new shippers—to increase shipment volume within your client base
• Track and report on-going Sales activity—maintain integrity of contact activity and lead/customer data utilizing an industry-leading Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform (think HubSpot or similar)
• Work to grow our service provider partnerships on the Basin Provider Network
• Provide prospects/contacts customized demonstrations of Basin’s iBookFreight booking engine—and show confidence in technology-rich solutions
• Articulate Basin’s unique value proposition to all constituencies—among others: shippers (producers, traders/merchandisers and commodity brokers) and providers (barge, truck and rail carriers, river terminal owners, warehousing and transload facilities), and effectively demonstrate how our technologies will increase efficiencies within their bulk freight logistics space
• Work closely and collaboratively with Basin’s Logistics Coordinators to ensure complete satisfaction of shippers, carriers, and related service providers—from quote-to-delivery (take ownership, end-to-end)
Skills, Experience & Attributes
• A Bachelor’s degree, with 5 to 7 years of proven sales experience
• Logistics and transportation experience is a bonus—expertise in barging, truck, rail, or terminal services will earn you a high five and a double gold star!
• A customer-centric mentality—you want to do right by your customer
• Demonstrated expertise in building and maintaining relationships at all levels—from prospect to customer—with a positive, can-do attitude, over the phone and in person
• High energy and a strong desire to achieve top results
• A willingness to travel up to 20 percent of the time
• An ability to be a self-starter and take ownership of all aspects of your work
• A commitment to work quickly and accurately in a rapidly changing, dynamic work environment
The Amazing Opportunity
• To work from home in or near the greater Houston, TX metropolitan area—we absolutely get working remotely and will make sure you are successful
• To play a significant role in a fun, challenging and non-traditional, post-startup business environment, where all team members have the ability to contribute positively to the growth and success of this dynamic industry disruptor
• To be a change-maker—become a collaborative member of a customer-centric team that’s delivering technology-based solutions to a truly underserved industry—and literally change the way business has been done in the bulk freight logistics marketplace for the past half century!
Compensation for this full-time position includes: base salary, benefits and a commission on your sales
Basin Commerce is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team.
If you’re an entrepreneur-at-heart who wants to have an outsized impact, what are you waiting for? We’re waiting to hear from you!