Director of Sales - Houston, TX
Basin Commerce, headquartered in beautiful downtown Excelsior, MN, is looking for qualified outside sales candidates to disrupt the bulk logistics industry. Our online marketplace matches shippers in need of bulk commodity transportation logistics services with service providers connected to the US Inland Waterways Systems. We are building relationships with shippers of all sizes as well as barge carriers and river terminals with transload and storage facilities.
Think an Expedia-like travel booking experience for shipping all bulk goods including dry, liquid and project cargos.
We’re growing quickly and hiring in multiple territories. Come join a first mover in bringing technology to the bulk freight industry.
Who are you?
You’re someone that thrives in a fast-paced rapidly growing startup. You seek to take advantage of your sales skills and are comfortable joining a company at the ground level. And you’re a proven agitator to get things going.
You will have ownership of:
- Using a variety of tools to prospect, identify and qualify new potential shippers for Basin Commerce.
- Growing our Basin Provider Network of terminals, transload and storage companies.
- Demonstrating the iBookFreight booking engine.
- Communicating the Basin value proposition to the right audience.
- Ensuring a successful relationship handoff and partnership with our customer success team.
- Providing ongoing support to uncover and increase shipment volume within your client base.
You have the following skills and experience:
- 5 -7 years' prior sales experience – logistics and transportation experience a bonus. Industry expertise with barging, terminal services or rail is a high five and double gold star!
- A customer-centric mentality. You want to do right by your customer and use our technology to solve their pressing problems with freight logistics.
- Demonstrated expertise building relationships at all levels of a prospect and customer.
- High energy and strong desire to achieve top results with a positive can-do attitude over the phone and in person.
- High degree of ownership and commitment to work quickly and accurately in a rapidly changing environment.
- Work from home in or near the Houston, TX area. Travel up to 20% of the time, but that’s a mutual number. We get working remotely and will make sure you are successful.
- Commissions on your book of business.
- Be part of a team that believes in customer centricity, that technology to an underserved industry will make those participants more efficient and more profitable, and that ideas should flow from everywhere in the company.
Basin Commerce is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you’re an entrepreneur-at-heart who wants to have an outsized impact we’d love to hear from you!